Hey planner babes!
If you have been following me on Instagram, then you may have noticed that I am back in my pocket Filofax Malden. I have had a severe case of planner FOMO, seeing all of the beautiful, tiny, pocket planners on Instagram and I have been wanting to give it another chance. I know it’s not for everyone, and honestly I have been so addicted to my personal size planners, that I didn’t think I could make it work for me. Only time will tell! Today, I decided to work on a pros and cons list (because planner girls love lists, obviously). If you are on the fence between pocket and personal, then keep reading, and hopefully I can help you make a decision.
Personal Pros and Cons
- More space for writing
- Larger rings that hold more inserts
- A lot of room for stickers and decorating
- A wide range of inserts available
- The more stuffed it is, the heavier it is
- Takes up a lot of room in purses/bags and forget about using a small purse
- Awkward to use as a wallet, due to the size
- The “need” to fill all of the extra space, mostly with non-functional items
Pocket Size Pros and Cons
- Small and lightweight, so it takes up very little space
- Functional and minimalistic planning
- Easy to use as a wallet
- Even if it’s stuffed, it still feels light
- Not as many inserts available (thankfully there is Peanuts Planner Co!)
- Not a lot of room for writing
- Minimal decorating
- Ring size is smaller, so less room for inserts
At the end of the day, it comes down to what you are looking for in a planner and what your specific needs are. What I consider a con, you may not. This list is based on my own personal opinion. However, I know there are many planner girls, like me, that really love the size of the pocket, yet struggle with having less room. Right now, I am trying out a pocket size again, and so far I am loving it. The portability is amazing and I like the fact that I have to be more functional in my planning. I do miss my stickers though and I will be trying to incorporate them more.
What size planner are you currently using? Pocket, Personal, or maybe even larger? Let me know!
Until next time!